To the Ends of the Earth
A 15 year quest that took Peter Hillary to the North Pole, the South Pole, and the summit of Mt Everest:
the Dream, the Drive, and the Dedication to the Goal.
Peter Hillary’s extraordinary life of adventure has taken him to the very ends of the earth:
- to the North Pole at the top of our planet
- to the summit of Mt Everest, the highest point on earth; and, recently
- skiing overland to the southern-most point: the South Pole in Antarctica
This trilogy took 15 years to complete. It is a testimony to the value of perseverance and to Peter’s dedication to a life of adventure. He and his father, Sir Edmund Hillary, are the first father and son to have climbed Mt Everest and to have established new routes across Antarctica to the South Pole. For the North Pole they travelled together with astronaut, Neil Armstrong , using small ski-equipped aircraft. “To the Ends of the Earth” is a presentation which takes the audience to some of the most extraordinary, the most hostile, and the most hauntingly beautiful places on the planet. It shares the true spirit of adventure and encourages us to utilise the positivity and freshness of that spirit in every aspect of our lives.
- The Dream, The Drive, and The Dedication to the Goal
- Turning dreams into reality
- Persistence and Perseverance
- The importance of the People Factor
- Dealing with tension and conflict in the team
- Living outside your comfort zone for long periods of time
- Seeking out and rejoicing in the beauty of our world
- Setting new goals once you’ve achieved the dream
This keynote address will take your people on an amazing journey to the most remote places on earth, and will provide insights into goal-setting, problem-solving, and never losing sight of where you want to go. It is an uplifting, entertaining and inspirational presentation.
Ideal as a keynote address at conferences and as an after-dinner speech. It is suitable for any audience size.
Audio visual support
DVD film footage is used to illustrate this presentation.